Sunday, August 27, 2006

Relationship. The dos and the donts as I see them- Ego.

My last post was met with a lot of salt and sugar! Some found it quite interesting, while some thought it was a very diplomatic post, said the right things, in the right tone. Thats it. Well, I have been thinking a lot over the past few days and have decided to post some more What They Wants. This time, am not limiting myself to women, but am taking into consideration, any couple. Genuine love is a pre condition to the success of what's listed here!
Making a relationship work needs some basic charecterisitics and the lack of some. I have derived lessons from my life, firmly believing that 'if I dont make mistakes, how will I learn?' Some of the thoughts are experiences, while some are observations from my most reliable source of ideas - people!

#1. Ego, go go:

I've heard this from everyone. Mom, dad, aunties, uncles, married cousins, committed friends and some of my own wisdom (size varies from peanuts to pumpkins!)! Where there is love, ego has to leave.
If your ego shows its ugly head in your relationship, be on red alert. There one of two things that just must be done;
* Kill the beast
* Get ready for turbulence and consequential good bye

For those who are like me, the kill-the-beast-types, stick on.

I have learnt that things are never what they seem.A seemingly threatening email is just that 'seemingly' threatening. A hurting conversation is probably not all that bad. The key lies in reviewing. I do that. Give the concerned peice of writing or speech profound thought. What I perceieve the first time is almost never the same when I review. Haste makes waste. Believe me. Take time to get out of a seething mindset. An 'excuuuuussseeee me??????' frame of mind.

Love is deep, its worth biting that nasty retort.

More in next. So long!

me!

1 comment:

Vadapoche said...

That was truly inspiring. You are really very good. I will keep this safe and use it in life.