Monday, June 09, 2008

Questions

Is it o.k to pretend to be happy when you really aren't? Is it right to hide your true feelings from someone you love? Is it prudent to turn your face away from what's gnawing you inside and tearing your heart apart, instead of facing it and confronting it with its perpetrator?

I wish I knew the answer to these. I am searching desperately, trying hard. Because, if I pretend to be happy when I really am not and if its to someone I love, am I not, in a sense, deceiving that person? If I am hiding my feelings and not facing my fears and not confronting the root cause, am I not being a coward?

Growing up simply adds questions on top of questions. Most of them don't get answered right away, and when they do, after ages, they get lost in that mess of questions on questions on questions. Its now clear to me, why poets and writers glorify the lost world of childhood. When the most trying thing is to peel an orange or catch a butterfly. Where questions are not introspective and mind boggling, but simple and liberating. Why is the sky blue? Why doesn't it hurt when I get my hair cut? How can we speak to someone on a telephone?

I am an adult and I have those stacked up, pancake questions too. Some of them, I wish I had never had the curiosity to question myself. Some of them, though I know are painful, requiring courage to ask, are the only way of freeing the tangles in my mind.

But the question is - do I have the courage?

7 comments:

kyamaloom said...

The usual quest to virtue or truth eh?

"Always show the you in YOU, that makes you the YOU that YOU are".

More confused? ;)

But it feels relieved to see someone else too who likes raping her mind!

IncorrigibleV said...

Mann aka Bubbles' new post
she asked me to drop the link to everyone on her blogroll

Bungz said...

Question... Can't live with them. Can't live without them. Guess that is the irony...

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘An attempt at answering unanswerable questions’ and others took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

Pragnya said...

had been reading your blogs for quite some time.....
this post got me hooked to the extent that i finally trashed my laziness to comment....
these are the questions that more or less remain unanswered.....
they create a fury within....
could relate to this article...

bless ya

cm chap said...

Good one... I personally believe, more you stack it up..more trouble & frustration. Better to bring the courage & ask those questions.

vimalin said...

There is a reason why some questions are unanswerable, the same way there is black or white, good or bad. Best leave them unanswered. Or moe unanswerable questions will turn up. Ignorance is bliss. Vimalin is king.